Xiph.org Test Media
Our collection of test sequences and clips for evaluating compression technology.[ y4m 360p (1.1 GB) | 480p (1.6 GB) | 720p (4.7 GB) | 1080p (11 GB) ]
[ png 360p (4 GB) | 1080p (29 GB) ]
Sintel trailer (1253 frames 16:9 letterbox)
[ flac stereo (5 MB) ]
[ flac stereo (135 MB) ]
We have a music video for Breathe Out by the band Stealing Heather (no audio).
File collections are available over public rsync as well as http.
rsync rsync://media.xiph.org/ for an index.
There are several collections of video clips available:
- Derf's collection.
- This set includes many standard definition clips widely used in the video compression research community. Generally uncompressed from analog source.
- Basil Gohar.
- This is a set of timelapse sequences by Basil Gohar. Generally available as scaled y4m streams and original jpeg image sequences.
- Several performance clips, including the miniDV originals.
- A catch-all for various contributions. Most are computer generated at the moment.
- VQEG Test Sequences mirror.
- We have a mirror the the Video Quality Experts Group (VQEG test sequences. These are in raw yuv format. See the thumbnails directory for and index.
- LDV Test Sequences mirror.
- Mirror of the HD test sequences from tu-muenchen.
- SVT Test Sequences mirror.
- A partial mirror of the SVT 4k test clips as published by VQEG. These are stored as 16 bit .sgi RGB files, one per frame.
More to come.