Xiph.org Test Media
Our collection of test sequences and clips for evaluating compression technology.
We have a lossless version of the short film Elephants Dream. (15691 frames 16:9)
360p (1.1 GB) |
480p (1.6 GB) |
720p (4 GB) |
1080p (46 GB)
[ png 360p (3.4 GB) | 1080p (21 GB) ]
[ flac stereo (57 MB) | 5.1 surround ]
We have a lossless version of the short film Big Buck Bunny. (14315 frames 16:9)[ y4m 360p (1.1 GB) | 480p (1.6 GB) | 720p (4.7 GB) | 1080p (11 GB) ]
[ png 360p (4 GB) | 1080p (29 GB) ]
[ flac stereo (106 MB) | 5.1 surround (221 MB) ]
We have a lossless version of the short film Sintel. (21312 frames 2.35:1)
1920x818 (27 GB) |
2k (29 GB - original release) |
4k (94 GB) |
4k 16 bit (483 GB)
[ tiff 4k 8 bit (146 GB) | 4k 16 bit (632 GB) ]
[ flac stereo (69 MB) | stereo (61 MB - no dialog) | 5.1 surround (131 MB) | album (57 MB) ]
Sintel trailer (1253 frames 16:9 letterbox)
480p (735 MB) |
720p (1.7 GB) |
1080p (3.7 GB) ]
[ png 480p (224 MB) | 720p (461 MB) | 1080p (940 MB) ]
[ flac stereo (5 MB) ]
We have a lossless version of the short film Tears of Steel. (17620 frames 2.40:1)
4k (67 GB compressed)
[ png 1920x800 (30 GB) ]
[ tiff 4k 16 bit (598 GB) ]
[ flac stereo (80 MB) | 5.1 surround (331 MB) ]
[ exr frames by scene (226 GB) | cleaned footage (330 GB) | raw footage (4 TB) ]
We have a lossless version of the short film Cosmos Laundromat. (18191 frames 2.40:1)
2048x858 HDR P2PQ grade (81 GB) |
2048x858 8-bit initial release (34 GB) ]
[ exr 2048x858 HDR P3PQ grade (180 GB) ]
[ flac stereo (135 MB) ]
We have a music video for Breathe Out by the band Stealing Heather (no audio).
File collections are available over public rsync as well as http.
rsync rsync://media.xiph.org/ for an index.
There are several collections of video clips available:
- Derf's collection.
- This set includes many standard definition clips widely used in the video compression research community. Generally uncompressed from analog source.
- Basil Gohar.
- This is a set of timelapse sequences by Basil Gohar. Generally available as scaled y4m streams and original jpeg image sequences.
- Several performance clips, including the miniDV originals.
- A catch-all for various contributions. Most are computer generated at the moment.
- VQEG Test Sequences mirror.
- We have a mirror the the Video Quality Experts Group (VQEG test sequences. These are in raw yuv format. See the thumbnails directory for and index.
- LDV Test Sequences mirror.
- Mirror of the HD test sequences from tu-muenchen.
- SVT Test Sequences mirror.
- A partial mirror of the SVT 4k test clips as published by VQEG. These are stored as 16 bit .sgi RGB files, one per frame.
More to come.